Monday, April 19, 2010

Air & Space

I choose Air and Space by Jim Drain. It was done with felt tip pen and cut and pasted paper. Chromogenic color print and synthetic polymer paint. I like the use of analogous color and complimentary. I think the painting it self is very interesting. these huge pops of color "stars" that are almost like a fireworks show. then the picture has this surprising element of a face in the top right corner, and what to me is very interesting is that the face has no color or is monocromatic. then on the left side of the canvas i see all black. this is almost like a sky that these firewroks are receeding from. I feel like this painting is telling an intimate story, perhaps of a girl lost or overpowered by something, it just has a very amazing way of grabbing the viewer and not letting go,

1 comment:

  1. It is very bright and colorful.It is a kind of picture I would look at to boost my energy.

    ReplyDelete