Tuesday, February 16, 2010

This Week's Post

Hello All,

This week, rather than posting an image and a formal analysis on the blog, I would like you to visit the Samuel Dorsky Museum of Art here on campus. When you visit, focus on one exhibit (there are currently three going on), then pick one work of art that you respond to and write a two paragraph summary detailing
-what exhibit you saw
-how you felt about it
-what piece most caught your eye
-a brief formal description of that piece

All in all, this should take you less than one hour. At 11am after Friday's class, I will be going to the Museum and I invite you all the join me. It will be a good opportunity to respond to some artwork in the flesh rather than simply viewing images online.

As always, please contact me with any questions/concerns.

Best of luck on your drawings!

No comments:

Post a Comment