Thursday, February 18, 2010

Panorama of Hudson River- Greg Miller

Although I've heard about Dorsky museum and lots of people asked me the directions of this building, I never been to Dorsky museum before. I was excited to see the artwork of the artists.
I went to Carolee Schneemann's section because it had many interesting artworks. I liked Caged cats 1&2 and hand/heart for Ana Mendieta but this photogragh caught my eyes. It is taken by Greg Miller in 2009. When I looked at this picture I could learn the historical differences between past and present times. I liked this piece because it shows the development of the hudson river. I know that Hudson river is really long and the artist must have spent many times taking this photographs.

1 comment:

  1. I kind of shared the same feeling. I knew the Dorsky was supposed to be a great museum that we had on campus so it was exciting to finally go inside. I did not get a chance to look at the Hudson river photographs but really want to the next time I go. It sounds like an interesting piece. Even more interesting since I hiked alongside 10 miles of it in New Jersey.

    ReplyDelete