Thursday, May 6, 2010

Last post of the semester

Congratulations! You're almost done with the semester. The blog posts are done, and now all that remains is to finish your final project. I will be grading your sketchbooks on Tuesday. Please bring them to class and you can pick them up during the final.

Your sketchbook should include all the sketches you were assigned during the semester, as well as those we did during class. I will be concentrating on sketches done since spring break. Here is a list of what I will be looking for in your sketchbook:

-Preparatory sketches for project 2
-Preparatory sketches for project 3
-Three figure drawings done outside of class
-30 minute ink drawing of shadows in the natural environment done in class
-Color wheel (in class)
-Color matching (in class)

I will not be accepting late sketchbooks so please be sure to turn them in on Tuesday at the beginning of class.

Also, I below is a breakdown of how I will be calculating your final grade:

Projects (3 total) --- 50%
Assignments (5 total) --- 20%
Sketchbook --- 10%
Blog ---- 10%
Participation --- 5%
Attendance --- 5%

This has changed slightly from the syllabus. I have made these adjustments because we have had less assignments and those assignments have been less rigorous than stated in the syllabus. I also informed everyone at the beginning of the semester that each blog post would be worth one percent of your final grade. If anyone has questions about these changes, please let me know.

Finally, here is a list of the assignments you have been given throughout the semester, which I will be grading during our one on one meetings:
1. Line
2. Pattern
3. Still Life
4. In class fabric drawing and figure drawing
5. Altered map

No comments:

Post a Comment